Friday, May 23, 2008

Whats Shaking?

So heres whats new:

WE ARE OFFICAL HOME OWNERS!!


After months of searching and weeks of waiting, we can finally relax! This morning Jake and I signed the papers (and basically our life away for the next 30 years) and this afternoon we received our keys!


So mark your address books, you can now reach us at 833 Pryor Dr. Arlington, TX 76001



Jake will be moving boxes and furniture for the next three weeks... if you have any time, I am sure he would appreciate some help!! :o)



In other exciting news...

Monday morning at 5am, I am leaving for Japan! I will be there for 6 1/2 weeks working for
Lets Start Talking. Jake will leave after he gets off work for the summer, June 14th and will be with me and our team for 3 weeks.

Jake and I have been involved with LST for several years, infact it was on an LST trip in Japan were we met! So we have a special place in our heart for LST and for Japan.



LST is a non-profit organization that sends Christians all over the world for conversation English classes. We use an easy to read version of Luke and gospel book of the Bible. Since English is in demand globally, Christians partnering with LST have a unique opportunity to show the love of Christ to unbelievers while the Word speaks to open hearts.

If you want more information, just ask! (Yes, I am a walking commercial for LST! He he)



Anywho, Jake and I did a training last September to become team trainers for LST. And this year we have put together (I say "we" put together, but God choose the people for us!) two teams from our church
Woodland West Church of Christ. My team (which consists of Jake, Me, Tyler Snow and two other people from Lubbock Christian University, Tanis Garrett and Sammy Hawkins) will be going to Hitachi-Taga and the other team (Tommie Varney and Phyllis Hay) will be going to Tomobe.


We are all super excited about going! Please keep us in your prayers, that we will be able to share Jesus and our lives with many non-Christians and that our faith would increase also. Keep checking back on our blog, I promise I will try to update every day or two with stories and pictures!

:o)

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Tonya,
Am enjoying your blog. I know you are having a great experience. It is a great encouragement to share your mission. I understand the weather is much cooler that expected. I wasn't planning on bringing a jacket, but I may change my mind. Looking forward to seeing you soon. God Bless