Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Test Drive

We've been putting off buying me a car because some how we keep spending our money (whoops)... first it was before this past summer, then before school starts, and then it was Christmas.

Well, the need for a car really started to hit us after we gave my car to my parents. But then we borrowed Grand-daddy's truck for a couple weeks and it was working out for us well. We picked up the truck Sunday night from Grand-daddy thinking we'd use it for the next month and maybe beginning of February we'd have enough cash for a good down payment (since I am working 21 hours a week at the Y).

However, Sunday night Grand-daddy passed away and now the family is thinking about selling the truck to help pay for some of the funeral costs. UH OH... now we really need to get a car soon!

Well, Saturday Jake and I went to test drive a couple cars. And of course we weren't planning on buying anything... and we didn't. But the people at the Mazda dealership had some really good offers that we were seriously considering buying on the spot... no down payment.

They finally told us to take the car for a 24 hour test drive. WHAT? We can do that? Turns out they aren't open on Sundays, so it is more like a 48 hour test drive! I've been driving this Mazda 3 hatchback everywhere and I LOVE IT! I don't want to give it back! :o) So, Monday we are going to go in and Jake will give them a little talking to to get the monthly payments down at little and then its pretty much a deal.

WOOT!

I love the Mazda 3! Especially the hatchback part too. It will fit all my large paintings and other tools very well!



I may be a new car owner very soon!
Good things come to those who wait... and drive around a '94 Mitsubishi Mirage, power nothing, no cruise control, no power steering, NO AC!, aluminum coke can.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, if that's your reward for driving around your old clunker, I can't WAIT to see what's in store for Randy after driving around his '91 Honda--three out of four speakers dead, CD player jammed and unusable for approx. 10 YEARS, strange, unearthly squeals and whines emitting from under the hood, one broken window--but hey, at least the AC still works! Yeah, he'll probably drive it for another ten years!