Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Internet down... STILL!

So yes, we are still down on the internet at church.
It has been an interesting experience.... no cell phone and no internet! What is an American college student supposed to do?!? Actually, it has been a great experience for us all. We are more dedicated to our reading sessions, preparing for our lessons, and catching up on chores.

We have had a busy week! I am sorry, I don't have any pictures today. I left my camera back at the church building and we are now at Bryan Snow's house.

Friday we spent the morning with Sammy's reader (and a previous reader of Jake's), Kiyomi. He is the chief at the fire station in Taga. We got to watch the firemen and EMTs do their training and we also got the chance to go up in the firetruck lift. We went 25 meters (about 70 ft?) in the air! It was a beautiful view of Taga, the ocean, and the mountains.

Saturday, Tanis and I visited her reader's art studio. She has been a painter for the past 35 years, so it was amazing to see her place. She also took us around to several places around the Hitachi area. Several of the places I had gone to while I was on my LST trip in 2004 to Takahagi. It was a great experience to see the same places. It brought back many happy memories of my first trip to Japan.

Sunday we had our beach party. The weather was beautiful! We had a great time playing on the beach with our students. We played volleyball, frisbee, and did smores! After the party was the real exciting part (or at least for me!)......

JAKE CAME!!!
I am sooo happy that Jake is in Japan now! I feel a great sense of relief I can relinquish some of my duties as "trainer" and leader to him. I am not very good at some of that sort of stuff. I am definitely a worker.
And of course that is not the only reason why I am glad he is here! :o) It is so great to be able to share the experience of a foriegn country with your best friend. Plus the fact that Japan is so special to us. It is great to be here together.

We are excited for tomorrow because Jake, Bryan, and I will be making a trip out to Tomobe. We will be visiting Tommie and Phyllis! Visit their website, it sounds like they are having a great time! I am also excited to be visiting Marc and Elissa, the host missionaries in Tomobe. I actually went to school with them my first two years in Oregon. Plus, Elissa is 7 months pregnant!

Well, I will update y'all with more info and pictures when we get the internet back! Thanks again for your patience!!

Love,
JAKE and Tanya

No comments: