Monday, October 6, 2008

Way To Go, Tanya!

It was pouring rain outside at about 4am today and it is still raining a little.
This means the roads are wet outside... which means people drive really slow and crazy. Knowing this, I left home a little early this morning. The whole way I was worried about someone rear ending me.

I have a fear of getting in car crashes. I have been in a couple, nothing major. A couple semesters ago I was rear ended...ever so slightly. But I can always hear the sounds... the metal crunching up, the screeching of the tires.... ahhhh. It freaks me out.

Anywho, I did make it to school just fine. Although, I did have some other problems.

It took me a little bit to get out of the car... it was raining so I hard to first get the umbrella open and over the door. I grabbed my purse and tried getting my backpack out. My backpack is really heavy and I have to lift it over the e-brake in my little coke can car. It wasn't working at the time so I put my purse down on the seat and grabbed my backpack... finally I got it out and started to put in on over my shoulders. At this time, as I am standing with an umbrella in one hand and the other hand working my backpack.

So who is holding the door open you ask? No one. Infact, it closes.
Well... not a big deal right? Just open in. No. I have the habit of locking the door automatically after opening it.
Okay, so just get your keys out. That's a little tough... seeming it is in my purse, that is sitting on the driver's seat!! I LOCKED MY PURSE IN THE CAR!


So, I texted the good ole hubby and see if he can come rescue me. Although he is across town... at work... oh so busy. But at least I have my backpack and can go to all my classes. I also have my lunch. UTA just might become my home today. Luckily I don't have to work today!

Good job Tanya!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think you're just fortunate that your cell phone was in your backpack--mine would have been locked up nice and tight with my purse on the front seat!