Sunday, October 5, 2008

What did you just say??

I love my husband. He is a great man, very funny, strong, and treats me much better than I deserve to be treated.

Saying that, we had a funny moment on the couch today.
We were watching a couple episodes of Scrubs, putting off doing the laundry. The episode ended and our DVR went to the episodes we have in que, ones we haven't watched yet.

I turned my back to the TV and jumped on top of Jake so he couldn't get up to put up the clothes just yet. I planted a couple kisses on him and he looked at me and said, in a babyish tone, "My Princess".

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
I didn't actually ask. Actually, nothing came out of my mouth... no words. I was in shock. Princess? Did he actually call me Princess? Is he joking? Is the world coming to an end? Did I finally wear him down to see a softer side or did he get hit really hard on the head???

Now you have to know Jake to understand my shock. He is the definition of man's man... He is a football loving, working on the car getting your hands dirty, I bring home the bacon, belching, hairy kind of guy. I doubt he will ever call our daughter "princess"... only because I am sure he is hoping for a tom-boy if we ever have girls.

He saw the confused look on my face and pointed to the TV. The next episode of Scrubs is titled, "My Princess".

Well, I guess the world is not ending.
But we got a good laugh out of that one.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That was hilarious!!! Thanks for my first laugh of the day--it was a good one!

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

Glad to be of service! :o)

Spellings Fam said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I hear we may be seeing you guys soon. Look forward to it!