Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Car Issues

I didn't blog about the car problems my parents had last month. Mainly because it was so stressful I didn't want to re-live it.
So to summarize, my mom's car broke down (the one she bought 6 months earlier). Jake and I ran around like chickens, minus the head, trying to "fix" the situation.
And far the past month my mom has been driving around their other car, which is very old and unreliable.
Well, yesterday that car finally bit the dust.

So now we are left with no other choice. I gave up my little Mitsy Coke Can to my mom and Jake and I have become a one car family.
Ugh.
This means I get up every morning at the same time as Jake, get ready for the day, drive Jake to work, and then head to school (usually 30 mins early). I then have to wait until he gets done with work and pick him up, which right now isn't so bad because I am at school late anyway catching up for finals next week. AHH!

Jake and I aren't ready just yet to by another car. We've been saving money but it is difficult around the holidays. We forget we have presents to buy, parties to go to, dinners, etc.

We are thinking that in January we might be able to get a car for me... but until then, it is 6am for me! (Even while I am on vacation week after next and Jake is still working!) YIPES!

2 comments:

amy said...

I'm so sorry Tanya! May I be the first to welcome you to the one-car family club! Tell Jake to get a motorcycle, then you only have to be a one-car family when it rains, or is really cold outside, or hot, or your husband just doesn't feel like riding said motorcycle. Please, let me drive you around everywhere. It's what I live for. Thou shalt submit..thou shalt submit...On the brightside, think of how green you are...You can slap me next time you see me if you think this post is annoying. Love you!! :)

Andrea said...

Well, this just shows how spoiled I am--I've been watching the Norwoods get around with one car for several months and now to read about your car woes . . . I'm so glad it's not me! Isn't that terribly selfish?! I do hope that when you ring in the new year, you're able to do it in a new car! But for now, think of all the extra quality time you're getting to spend with your sweetie!