Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm in Shock!

Tonight was a very fun night. Despite the cold. Burrr!! I don't do cold well.

My Japanese Art History teach, Dr. Ingrid Furniss (what a name, hu?), was giving a lecture at the Crow Collection of Asian Art in Dallas. She talked about Chinese and Egyptian burial and funeral traditions... pretty interesting stuff! It was extra credit to go, so I dragged Jake to the arts district tonight. We had a good time... walking around the exhibit, making fun of the funny looking statues. It was cold outside so we bundled up tight and walked closely while going out the the car. Being in the arts district made me feel... well artsy. Soooo, after the lecture we went to....



STARBUCKS!

Now, if you know my husband... you know he has a passion for NOT going to Starbucks... in fact, he enjoys making fun of the company and complaining about the high priced coffee. I don't think he has even gone into a Starbucks without a gift card in hand. I mean actually PAYING for Starbucks coffee? Yea right! Well, surprise surprise! We went in and ordered fancy stuff... Chocolate Truffle Espresso... Peppermint Mocha Twist (YUMMY!!! I highly recommend). It was very special. Not to mention the holiday flavors. It makes me feel all warm in side (does help that the coffee is warm too...he he).

We sat around talking for a bit, enjoying the drink and the atmosphere. It almost made me thing I could do the downtown living thing. And then I think of the loud honks, the lack of trees, the fast pace of everything... and I come back to earth. But it is nice to live that life every now and then.

In other news... (pretty big news actually)

I put in 2(ish) weeks notice this week. Its hard doing it just once (since I have grown to love each woman I work for)... but I got to resign three times!

It is just one of those things. Economy has slowed down and so has work. Jake and I are trying to save up for things, especially for a new car for me. If you have seen my car... you understand. I drive around a little Mitsubishi Mirage, 1994. They don't even make that kind of car anymore! It is two door, manual, no power steering, no power anything! (window, doors, etc) and the kicker... no A/C! What a great husband of mine to drive it around during the summer.

Anywho... with jobs being so unpredictable it is hard to have a stable income. So I have resolved to going back to the YMCA, life guarding and teaching swim lessons. I feel like it is almost a step backwards. I used to work there before starting work for Leisha. In fact, I was a lifeguard for 5 years. It was my very first job when I was 15-16 years old. I felt like leaving and working for Leisha was a step forward... doing something different, and now I've gone back. But that is probably all just in my head... who cares what I am doing as long as I am making money. Plus, I am not really a real person since I am not out of college yet, he he. And if it isn't all up in my head, I don't care that much because I REALLY REALLY want a new car. I can deal. :o)

I am trying to decide between two different cars. Next time I blog I will post some pictures and conduct a survey to see which one y'all think I should get. :o)

Until then... goodnight!

No comments: