Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Three

Today was basically a work day. We got familiar with the studio and the process we are working with. We will be doing a waterless lithogrpahy process. It is really neat. I'm super excited to get started.

I don't have very many pictures to show you today. I haven't taken very many since we were at the studio all day. But I do want to show you what I believe that I will be working on. For some reason I am really attracted to all the graffiti on the walls. Actually that reason is because my last seires of paintings have been all about my unique mark as an artist. They are very gestural, flat, black, and graphic. This seires was greatly influenced by Japanese calligraphy. Well... these marks remind me a great deal of graffiti. I also really like the idea of personal expression and making your mark on society. So here are just a few of the snaps I've taken walking around the city.










These are my two images that I have so far... I may change things up or go out and gather more images. What do you think?







One thing I wanted to mention is the food. It is amazing!! We've treated ourselves to some nice resturants (easy to do when 4 pesos = $1)... the beef is some of the best in the world!! I wish I could take home everyone a thick slice of steak!! Mmmm.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Love you and miss you all! Wish you were here!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!! i really love the ones you're working on- especially the one with the brick wall. you're doing great!!!

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

Thanks love!!! :o) Miss you!!