Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shleepy

Every morning when I wake up and every evening when Jake comes home, he asks me how I am feeling. My response for the past week and a half has been...shleepy(I add the "h" only because I like to make words sound silly... its a hobby). School has only been in for... one week and two days (and counting... only 80 more days!) and I am already exhausted!

I know that there are a lot of you who wake up at 6am everyday, manage a busy work day among other things, and still come home...cook some dinner and spend time with the fam. How do you do it all? I am ready for bed at 9pm! What was I thinking in having 8am classes Monday-Thursday, I mean really?!? Maybe when we get into the swing of things, it will be better.

This past weekend we were dog sitting for my boss Cherry. Chopper, a very hairy medium sized dog, got to spend several nights at our house. We had a lot of fun playing ball, going for walks, and taking afternoon naps. Chopper and I have been good friends for a while now, seeming how I visit his house at least once a week. However, Jake and Chopper didn't get off to a great start. As soon as Jake came home Thursday night from work, Chopper greeted him at the door with growls. That night as we were getting ready for bed, Choppy laid down on Jake's side of the bed... as if he was guarding the bed! When Jake walked up, Choppy growled as if he was saying "Don't you even think about getting into bed with her!" What a good guard dog! :o)
Chopper later warmed up to Jake, of course after they played catch together at the park
Here is a picture of a dog similar to Chopper:

Now I have to go home a vacuum my whole house of all the black chunks of dog hair.

Saturday we had a fun day. Because I am such an amazing wife (sometimes), I bought my wonderful husband tickets to the Texas vs. Florida Atlantic game. We try to go once a year to a game... usually a non-conference game because conference games are SOOO expensive. If you don't know my husband... he is a BIG Longhorns fan. Which I always thought was a little silly, since he didn't actually attend UT (he graduated from David Lipscomb University and UTA). But... apparently that doesn't really matter.
Jake had a great time... singing all the songs, yelling at the defense to be better against the pass, and eating stadium hot dogs.


Oh and Texas won, 52-10... or something like that.

I don't think I have much else to report right now... and I probably should pay attention to class... yes, I am in class. I know, shame on me. :o)



1 comment:

Andrea said...

Tanya, that was hilarious! I was enjoying reading the details of your weekend and week so far, but I really got a laugh when I found out you were blogging during class! Yes, I can't resist--shame on you! :-)