Monday, August 4, 2008

Things to be thankful for...

1.) Friends.
We had 9 guys come out to help Jake work in our backyard on Saturday. Nine! They worked anywhere from 8am-2pm, digging holes, shoveling gravel, breaking up concrete, moving brick, and a whole lot of other things. Our backyard looked terrible when we first bought it... and now it only looks slightly terrible. :o) We are very lucky that so many people like Jake enough to come out on their weekend and work outside on a 105 degree day!
And of course I can't forget Amy and Rachel who came and helped me paint our master bedroom. It is a beautiful chocolate brown!
2.) Air Conditioning.
For those of you who don't live in Texas... it has been HOT! 100-108 for the past couple of weeks! Today and yesterday we have been in a heat advisory... which means that they advise people not to be outside for a long period of time because it is so hot and the heat index is even hotter! That never happened in Oregon! Ha ha.
But, however I am thankful for the AC in our house, my car still does not have AC!! Which leads me to my number 3.
3.) My husband.
He is so good to me. On the hot days... he takes my little clunker and sweats everywhere he goes.
And, I haven't had a mental breakdown thinking about my parents in the past couple of weeks. Jake has been doing a stand up job keeping them on track. And surprisingly, my parents (especially my mom) has been very willing to listen to him and do everything he asks. Shocking.
Gosh, I love my husband (plus... hes so handsome!).
4.) Amy.
Amy Tindall wanted to invite Rachel and I over to hang out at their house in Grandbury before the chaos of school started again (plus, Brian is out of state of a couple days on work). We couldn't work anything out because of work and the rest of busyness. But she had the idea for us to come over Sunday night, stay the night and then I'd go into work Monday afternoon.
Now, I haven't spent the night at someone's house... without a reason (travel, etc.) since high school! So it was like a little slumber party. We didn't stay up late giggling and talking about boys, but it was very refreshing to be able to do something like that just for fun.
So, thanks Amy!

1 comment:

amy said...

I love you Tanya!! I think slumbers are even more fun AFTER you get married! HA!! I want to thank you for bringing my elliptical! Wilsons rock!